Die casting Advantages and Disadvantages
Die casting Advantages and Disadvantages :why you choose die casting process for your product? learn Die casting Advantages and Disadvantages,choose suitable technics for your excellent idea. Find manufacturing process of your parts with the most economic variation. contact us now firstname.lastname@example.org
High pressure and high-speed filling die casting are two major features of die casting. Its commonly used injection specific pressure is from several thousand to several tens of thousands of kPa, and even up to 2 × 105 kPa. The filling speed is about 10~50m/s, and sometimes it can reach more than 100m/s. The filling time is very short, generally in the range of 0.01~0.2s. Compared with other casting methods, We have summarized the Advantages and Disadvantages of die casting:
Advantages of die casting:
1. Good product quality
Casting dimensional accuracy is high, generally equivalent to 6~7, even up to 4; good surface finish, generally equivalent to 5~8; high strength and hardness, generally higher than sand casting by 25~30%, but extended The rate is reduced by about 70%; the size is stable and the interchangeability is good; the thin-walled complex casting can be die-cast. For example, the current zinc alloy die castings have a minimum wall thickness of 0.3 mm; aluminum alloy castings up to 0.5 mm; the minimum cast hole diameter is 0.7 mm, and the minimum pitch is 0.75 mm.
2. High production efficiency
The machine has high productivity. For example, the domestic JIII3 horizontal cold air die casting machine can die-cast 600-700 times on average, and the small hot chamber die-casting machine can die-cast 3000-7000 times every eight hours. The die-casting type has a long service life and a die-casting type. Die-casting alloys with a lifespan of several hundred thousand times or even millions of times; easy to mechanize and automate.
3. Excellent economic results
Due to the precise size of the die-casting parts, the surface is bright and clean. Generally, it is no longer mechanically processed and used directly, or the processing amount is small, so that the utilization rate of the metal is improved, and a large amount of processing equipment and man-hours are reduced; the price of the casting is easy; the combined die-casting can be used for other metal or non-metal materials. . Saves assembly time and saves metal.
Although die casting has many advantages, it also has some shortcomings that have yet to be resolved.
Disadvantages of die casting
1. During die casting, because the liquid metal filling cavity has high velocity and unstable flow state, the general die casting method is adopted, and the casting is prone to generate pores and cannot be heat treated;
2. It is difficult to die-cast for complex concave castings;
3. High melting point alloys (such as copper, ferrous metals), low die-cast life;
4. It is not suitable for small batch production. The main reason is that the die casting type has high manufacturing cost, the die casting machine has high production efficiency, and the small batch production is uneconomical.
5. MOQ must above 1000pcs / year
Learn more Die casting Advantages and Disadvantages :
if you have any question ,pls feel free to contact me skype:gdszsyx whatsapp/wechat:86-18676679161