Die casting flatness,aluminum plate flatness specification:
we can make 0.1 plate flatness tolerance by any material–copper,brass,aluminium etc. Request Quote request quote for Plate,die casting
In the manufacture of precision parts and assemblies, especially where parts will be required to be connected across a surface area in an air-tight or liquid-tight manner, flatness is a critical quality of the manufactured surfaces. Such surfaces are usually machined or ground to achieve the required degree of flatness. High-definition metrology, such as digital holographic interferometry, of such a surface to confirm and ensure that the required degree of flatness has been achieved is a key step in such manufacturing processes. Flatness may be defined in terms of least squares fit to a plane (“statistical flatness”), worst-case or overall flatness (the distance between the two closest parallel planes within.
Flatness Design Guidelines:
1. All draft on walls, bosses and fins surrounding and underneath flat surfaces should be standard draft or greater.
2. Large bosses or cross sections can cause sinks and shrinkage distortions and should be avoided directly beneath flat surfaces.
3. Changes in cross section should be gradual and well filleted to avoid stress and shrinkage distortions.
4. Symmetry is important to obtain flatness. Lobes, legs, bosses and variations in wall height can all affect flatness.
The flatness Actual case of my die casting product
700*700*100 MM The flatness tolerance is about 1 mm without manual correct
the 530MM die casting part flatness tolerance is about 0.3mm with manual correct
you also can down the Pdf to learn The flatness explanation of die casting product
How to fix the die casting flatness problem
1.Design improve ,for example : The area of contact area
Total area of contact area ,this flatess is bad
two point contact area , this flatness is good
2.Strike to let the flatness less than 0.6mm ,but depand on the structure .
3.Fit the die casting part to flat surface by screw .It can be force to flat.
4. Make bigger die casting mould and bigger die casting machine
5. by Cnc machine ,we can make less than 0.3mm .
6.For the plate and flat panel, I can use special machine to let the platness to 0.1 mm,please see the case study
we aslo can let the die casting part though heat treatment process , then CNC machine ,the die casting flatness tolerance can be high precision. less than 0.15mm
if you have any question or advise ,please feel free to conctact us .